Podiatry is also known as Chiropody, which is a branch medical field related to study of diseases or disorders of foot and ankle. This term was first used in the 20th century by doctors of USA and now is being used by doctors of all around the world. The basic aim of this study is to show the relation of foot with other parts of our body such as back, hip, and knee.
How Our Feet Can Affect Our Body:
A foot is the most important part of our body (Like all other parts). A foot is important in our life, it helps us to move, stand and walk. When we walk outside our houses, we wear shoes to keep our foot safe from rigid roads and stones. There are many common foot problems which can stop us or slow down us for doing what we do.
- Ageing Feet
- Corns and Callus
- Heel Pain
Blister is a disease in which a small circle of skin is fluid, mostly cause by rubbing forcefully. Heel Pain is also very common problem related to foot which causes pain in the person who is suffering from it. People who are suffering diabetes can also suffer different foot problems as well. All above disease can hurt our feet in different ways, they can either cause loss of sensation in our feet or it can lead to itching, peeling area of skin and scaling. Out feet can affect out whole body, directly or in directly as they are attached with different parts of our body. They can affect our back and legs as well (ever noticed because of your walking style, you often get tired early? Yeah right this is the reason I said do care of your feet.)
What does Podiatrist say?
A Podiatrist who is also known as podiatric physician is a doctor whose study is devoted to the field of Podiatry. That person specializes in surgeries related to foot and ankles and foot disorders as well. People are being very hard on their feet by walking hundreds of steps, wearing high heels and tight shoes. Nobody is giving enough attention to their feet as they deserve. We often treat our feet as just a minor part of our body like we will not cut our feet nail on time, not drying our feet after taking shower and not wearing shoes while going to rigid or rusted places. There all are the things that can affect our feet in different ways. We need to follow some steps to prevent disease which are caused by these things we do – don’t do mostly.
Below are some tips given by different foot specialist for your feet care.
- Don’t ever use your gym shower without wearing proper shoes because the floors of these bathrooms are a big time breeding ground for fungus. So having shower or using it without any flip flops or shoes can lead you to athlete’s foot.
- Do not wear pointy pumps because they can cause bunions and make walking painful. If your second toe is the bigger toe, then there are more chances that you will get bunions easily.
- If you feel like your nails are being discolored or thicker, you should not just neglect it because this can be a clue that you are affected by fungus. So use proper medication to help cure this disease.
- Use deodorant for your feet as well, it helps to prevent smell which is caused by sweat glands.
- You need to put sun block to the upper side of your feet because it prevents your feet from being affected by cancer.
- Always air out your shoes after wearing them for some time, which will help to stop bacteria from growing.
- If you ever see a blister pop up on your skin, do not ever pop it by yourself, just try to cover it up with some bandage. This popped blister can cause vulnerable injuries, just so you know.
- Sweaty feet can cause different problems such as cracked heels, fungal infection and lizard-like skin. To minimize this thing you need to put some sprays which can help prevent those diseases.
Our experienced Adelaide Podiatrist has been treating patients for the past 15 years.